Practical Uses of Math and Science depends heavily on reviewers to maintain the quality of the PUMAS Collection. Thank you in advance for taking the time and effort to participate in this vital activity. We have designed the peer review process to make reviewing PUMAS examples as easy as possible.
Reviews are submitted on-line using the Reviewers' Form, which you can reach through the User Tools. You must be logged in to view this resource. If you have agreed to review a current example, a link to the submission will appear when you log in.
- If you are not reviewing a current submission, but would like to see the questions asked, click here.
- If you would like to volunteer for the Pool of PUMAS Reviewers, go to the Account Request page.
At least one member of the Teaching Community, at an appropriate grade level, and at least one member of the Science Community, with an appropriate area of expertise, is asked to review each submission.
- All reviewers are encouraged to answer all questions on the form. However, if you feel unqualified to address an area, your answers to the remaining questions will still be appreciated.
- Please be as specific as possible in your comments and suggestions. This is particularly important for an inter-disciplinary activity such as PUMAS, because there are many differences between the culture and vocabulary of the "Science Research" and the "Pre-college Education" communities.
- You may want to scan the PUMAS Collection to help check for Originality.
- To connect the content of PUMAS Examples with the pre-college curriculum, we label each example with Curriculum Topic Benchmarks. The Curriculum Topic Benchmark Utility will help in answering Question 5, about the appropriateness of the Benchmarks selected.
- If you feel the manuscript needs additional copy editing, you can indicate this under Question (8a). If you wish, you can submit an annotated manuscript by email to the Editor.
- Please be as constructive as possible. Remember that the contributors voluntarily provide their examples for the benefit of pre-college science education.
Your review will be sent anonymously to the lead author of the contribution, together with the other review(s) and a Cover Letter from the Editor. All who served as PUMAS reviewers are acknowledged on the PUMAS Acknowledgments Page.
Proceed to the User Tools.